Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Autobiography, Portrait, Joan, Crawford

A Portrait of Joan: The Autobiography of Joan Crawford









A Portrait of Joan (1962, Doubleday) Joan Crawford Steele with Jane Kesner Ardmore

Description: 239 pages. Joan's somewhat sanitized autobiography.

Sample Text:
Then one day on Sadie I was rehearsing a scene where I have to walk up to a table, pick up a film magazine and glance casually through its pages. Just as the director said, "Action," I started to read. DOUG AND I ARE MARRIED THE MODERN WAY, SAYS JOAN CRAWFORD - in bold, black print. It happened to be two years old, that story. I'd let myself go in the interview as I had many times because, growing up publicly, I believed I owed my private thoughts, my life and emotions to the public who'd been so kind to me. I asked Clarence Brown if I might have a minute to adjust my make-up before the take. What I adjusted was my emotions. I clenched my jaw, determined that I'd never be quoted again on anything pertaining to my personal life that I might live to regret.









Price:










Other posts like this, by keyword:

Autobiography:

A Burlesque Autobiography and First Romance Reviews ...
My girlhood: An autobiography ...
The Back of Beyond: A Story About Lewis and Clark (Creative Minds Biographies Series) ...
Footprints in the Snow: The Autobiography of a Chinese Buddhist Monk ...
A Mind That Found Itself An Autobiography ...
Circle of Light: An Autobiography ...
The Autobiography of Paras P. (Caribbean Writers Series) ...
Growing Pains: The Autobiography of Emily Carr ...
The Magic Lantern: An Autobiography ...
Long Walk to Freedom-the Autobiography of Nelson Mandela: Mcdougal Littell Literature Connections (HRW Library) ...
Portrait:

Historical Portrait Figure of Tsarina Alexandra of Russia by artist-historian George Stuart (5) ...
High Impact Portrait Photography: Creative Techniques for Dramatic, Fashion-Inspired Portraits Reviews ...
King Henry VIII historical portrait sculpture by artist-historian George Stuart (3) ...
Brooklyn Museum Discovers It Owns a Portrait by Gerrit Dou ...
Group portrait of the Smelvær family ...
Lighting Techniques for Middle Key Portrait Photography (Amherst Media, Inc.) ...
Kristy’s Book (Baby-Sitters Club Portrait Collection) ...
Joan:

Joan of Arc and Spirituality (New Middle Ages) Reviews ...
Crawford:

No comments:

Post a Comment