Thursday, April 21, 2011

Epics, photos, Nice
A few nice Epics images I found:

The Epic Bull

Epics


Image by Runs With Scissors

The Epic is a huge hi-rise building that spans the length of the block between 31st and 32nd streets between sixth and seventh avenues in Midtown, Manhattan. Part of this luxury hi-rise consumes the airspace of an old Catholic Church and stands far taller than any nearby building. I dare say that at some angles it challenges the Empire State Building several blocks away.

Its impressive height and shiny skin brought me to take a photograph at the foot of The Epic late this afternoon. Standing two feet in front of its property line I pointed my camera upward, focused the lens, zoomed out and heard, "You're not allowed to take pictures of the building." Then I took my shot. Apparently the ownership of this building has instructed its security people not allow passersby to take photographs in front of the building. The security person who came out asked me to cross the street and not take pictures.

Naturally I questioned him, "How can you prevent people from taking pictures of a building so large?".

"I have been given instructions. You can't take pictures of the building. You're on private property and I have to ask you to leave."

I looked at the two neighboring buildings and their corners which are perfectly aligned with a seam in the sidewalk in front of the The Epic. "I'm sorry, I'm already standing behind your property line."

"No, the sidewalk is our property and you can't take pictures here like you can't take pictures on the subway."

After asking him if his employers were familiar with the Constitution of the United States I walked away and became angrier. I stopped, changed lenses and turned back. I walked back to the front of the building and shot more. This time the security guard came back out and was furious. "You're disrespecting me and my job! There's another security guard from the other side of the building on his way."

I told him he should call the police instead.

"If the police come they're going to take your film and confiscate your camera and you're not going to get it back."

I asked him, "What country are we in?", but I was thinking, 'Film?'. Should I ask him if he knows what year we're in?

"You're disrespecting me. I told you not to take pictures in front of the building..."

Unfortunately he never called the cops, but my lawyer and I had a great laugh when I recounted the story later on.

epic

Epics


Image by Original Bliss

Soul Journal Entry
November 21, 2009
Soul Journal #13

There is a story behind every page.
Visit:

Original Bliss - False Evidence Appearing Real


Epic Beer Bottle Cap

Epics


Image by epicbeer

Epic Beer Bottle Cap

Other posts like this, by keyword:

Epics:

Do the Icelandic epics, The Vineland Sagas, contain any actual historical facts or is it all legend/folktales? ...
Q&A: what should I read next. I am not afraid of long epics if they are good.? ...
Mother Wove the Morning ...
I have to do a compare and contrast essay on epics, fairy tales, and fables.? ...
Management of Serials Automation: Current Technology and Strategies for Future Planning ...
what is the difference between literary epics and folk epics? ...
Theists always succeeded due to fantastic mythologies and great epics. Should not atheists be writing more? ...
Streetwise Business Plans: Create a Business Plan to Supercharge Your Profits! (Adams Streetwise Series) ...
Erotic Fantasies: A Collection of Sexy Short Stories ...
Q&A: As a sprit filled christian is it right to have worldly plans like marriage, education, work excetra? ...
photos:

Ultimate Japanese Beginner-Intermediate (Coursebook) (Ultimate Beginner-Intermediate) ...
Shooting & Selling Your Photos: The Complete Guide to Making Money with Your Photography ...
Effective Ski Coaching ...
Naturally Curious: A Photographic Field Guide and Month-by-Month Journey Through the Fields, Woods, and Marshes of New England Reviews ...
Utah business impacted by Japanese quake ...
Joan of Arc and Spirituality (New Middle Ages) Reviews ...
May_30_Health_Care_Rally_NP (070) ...
Career Planning and Succession Management: Developing Your Organization’s Talent–for Today and Tomorrow ...
Biology and Creation: An Introduction Regarding Life and Its Origins (Creation Research Society Reader Series, No. 4) ...
Innovation in Food Engineering: New Techniques and Products (Contemporary Food Engineering) Reviews ...
Nice:

Ultimate Japanese Beginner-Intermediate (Coursebook) (Ultimate Beginner-Intermediate) ...
Effective Ski Coaching ...
Naturally Curious: A Photographic Field Guide and Month-by-Month Journey Through the Fields, Woods, and Marshes of New England Reviews ...
Utah business impacted by Japanese quake ...
Joan of Arc and Spirituality (New Middle Ages) Reviews ...
May_30_Health_Care_Rally_NP (070) ...
Career Planning and Succession Management: Developing Your Organization’s Talent–for Today and Tomorrow ...
Biology and Creation: An Introduction Regarding Life and Its Origins (Creation Research Society Reader Series, No. 4) ...
Innovation in Food Engineering: New Techniques and Products (Contemporary Food Engineering) Reviews ...
The Internet Marketplace: Learn The Laws Regarding Ecommerce and Online Marketing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment