Sunday, February 27, 2011

Darwin and tree tattoos



Your Ad Here



Check out these Biology images:

Darwin and tree tattoos



Your Ad Here





Biology


Image by Colin Purrington

4000 of them. Instructions on the back of each one. Some were sent yesterday to volunteer models, but the remainder will be passed out on Darwin Day 2009 at Swarthmore College. I _think_ I have a student versed in the frosting arts who might be conned into decorating the cake I have planned. It will be the size of a table, composed of about 40 8x10" cakes, and will be served in the Science Center Commons.

Also on the schedule of events for the day will be a photo station equipped with a life-size cut-out of Charles Darwin himself. I'm setting up a tripod and my spare SLR so that students can compose their own shots. Then I'll upload the whole disk to a special flickr group for the party.

And, of course, I'm bringing in my badminton set for the lawn outside of the Biology Department. It will be February 12th and potentially cold, but we'll give it a go.

[This image is brought to you by the Axis of Evo. Please visit for more projects designed to spread appreciation of evolution and Charles Darwin.]

Flower

Biology


Image by Balaji.B

bbjee.blogspot.com/2010/11/macro-photography-flowers.html

Refreshing water fall

Biology


Image by Balaji.B

Green forest, gushing water - Enroute to Thekkadi - Kerala in South India

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment